Santi Ildefonso e Tommaso da Villanova Church Rome
Address, opening hours and admission
The address of the Chiesa dei Santi Ildefonso e Tommaso da Villanova is Via Sistina, 11 – Rome (tel. +39 0642014059). Metro: Barberini. Bus: 53, 62, 63, 83, 85, 116, 160, 492, C3, N4, N5, N12, N25. Opening hours: 07.15 to 13.30 and 15.00 to 20.00. Entrance fee: Free.
History and description
Towards the end of the 18th century, the Order of the Discalced Agostinians was founded in Spain. In 1619 they opened a hospital and a couple of years after that an oratory in Rome.
In 1667 the oratory was replaced by the Santi Ildefonso and Tommaso da Vilanova Church.
The architect was G. Paglia.
The Baroque façade was built between 1724 and 1730 by Francesco Ferrari.
The interior consists of a single nave with two chapels.
The first altar on the right has a “Nativity” by Francesco Grassia (1667).