Fountain of the Jug Rome
The fountain and the jug are in the middle of a small semicircle on top of a brick foundation of multicolored earthenware.
The fountain was created by Raffaele de Vico, in 1931. De Vico was also responsible for a restructuring of the entire area of Testaccio, which is now one of Rome’s most popular neighbourhoods.
There are four marble columns around the basin itself and the jug is made of red marble glass from Vicenza. In low relief a branch with roses can be seen on the jug.