The Ponte della Magliana is a Roman bridge and connects the Riva Pian Due Torri (EUR) to the Via del Cappellaccio (suburbio Portuense).
Ponte Della Magliana Rome
The Ponte della Magliana was designed by the engineer Romolo Raffaelli. It consists of seven arches of reinforced concrete, which are covered with travertino marble. Construction started in 1930, but was slowed down during World War II, when the Germans destroyed parts of it. The work was finally finished in 1948.
The reason to build it was the International Exhibition, which was supposed to haven been held in 1942.
The Ponte della Magliana gets its name from the neighborhood, named Magliana by the Romans, and has a length of more than 220m and a width of 19m.