The Santa Maria Addolorata all’Esquilino Chapel in Rome dates back to the first half of the 20th century. It is located near the Basilica of Saint John in Lateran and is not to be confused with the church of the same name in the Trieste district.
Santa Maria Addolorata all’Esquilino Chapel Rome
Opening hours and admission
Admission is free. The opening hours are unknown.
History and description
The Santa Maria Addolorata all’Esquilino Chapel was built in 1928.
Above the entrance to the church the words Virgini perdolenti can be read. Above this inscription is a coat-of-arms with the three crosses of Calvary.
A gate divides the interior into two parts, one for the nuns and one for the believers.
The tomb of Maria Teresina Zonfrilli, who is in the process of being beatified is kept in the church.
In 2001 the chapel was restored.
Address and public transport
The address of the Chapel of Santa Maria Addolorata all’Esquilino is Via San Quintino, 4 – Rome. Public transport: Metro: Manzoni (line B).