The Fountain of the Goddess Roma is one of three fountains in the Piazza del Popolo in Rome.
Fountain of the Goddess Roma Rome
When entering the Piazza del Popolo from the Via del Corso it is the fountain on the right hand side, at the foot of the Pincio hill.
It was carved in 1823 by Giovanni Ceccarini from a design by Valadier, who was also responsible for restyling the entire square.
The marble group shows the Goddess Roma in a central position, flanked by two statues representing the rivers Tiber and Aniene and by the she-wolf suckling the twins Romulus and Remo.
The Fountain of the Goddess Roma in the Piazza del Popolo is not to be confused with the fountain of the same name in the Piazza del Campidoglio.